HawkIdeas Moderation Policy
UISG reserves the right to edit or remove any idea at any time for violating the University of Iowa Code of Student Life. This includes, but is not limited to, creating an intimidating, hostile, or abusive environment for any member of the University of Iowa community, or posting of any obscene, defamatory, threatening, or otherwise harassing ideas. The following is a non-exhaustive list with topics that the moderator will not approve, including ideas that include:
- Requesting the removal of any student or official
- Sharing of personal or confidential information
- Defamatory or fraudulent statements
- Inappropriate or profane content
- Discriminatory or prejudicial content
- Violating criminal or civil laws, or encouraging others to violate criminal or civil laws
- Redundancy with existing petitions
For any idea/petition which contains reference to anything that would cause reasonable concern for the safety of the idea submitter or others, or makes reference to any unlawful activities including sexual misconduct or child abuse, UISG reserves the right to report the idea and idea submitter to relevant University entities for further investigation.
The HawkIdeas Moderation Policy was developed via consultation with the University of Iowa Office of the General Counsel.